Social Development Direct. The aim is to support Nigerian stakeholders (state and non-state) to prevent and manage (onfiict non-violently, thereby reducing the negative impacts ef conflicts and violence on the most vulnerable through high profiled interventions and promote r€(onciliaton processes. The focus of the programme wil! be on the Nationa; level and in eight focal states across Nigeria.
NSRP is looking for a committed and experienced individual to join the competent team of professionals in this innovative and exciting programme as the:
Deputy Programme Manager - Technical
- Location: Abuja
Additional key responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the development and monitoring of stakeholder engagement strategies;
- Lead the development and revision of output and component plans; ensuring that they continually meet the requirements
- of stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Oversee the preparation of programme quarterw, annual and evaluation reports;
- Provide technical support for the implementation and monitoring of all programme activities;
- Contribute to aB overall capacity development (skills and knowiedge) of the NSRP delivery team;
- A post graduate degree in any discipline in Humanities or Social Sciences is required for this position.
- S/he must have a minimum of 7 years experience in peace and conflict prevention, security, justice or Governance sectors; of which 4 years must be in a senior management and leadership capacity.
- The ideal candidate must havethe competence in designing and implementinq complex multi-component programmes in peace, conflict prevention and security justice and governance sectors.
- A minimum of 2 years experience of living and working within a conflict affected or fragile state environment is required for this position.
- Additional skills required for this position include and not limited to; excellent communication skills including a very good knowledge (verbal and written) of English, with advances presentation, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- The position will require extensive travel to targeted NSRP regions, states and LGAs; including insecure regions subject to prevailing travel and security policy implemented by the programme.
Interested candidates should download and complete their application formsthrough the link at: www.gridconsulting.netCompleted application formsShould be submitted to the corresponding email address stated on the website. Please note that only candidates who complete the application forms will be considered. Submission of CVs and applications will lead to disqualification of candidates from the short-listing process.
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 29th November, 2013. KindlY note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Interviews. British Council, International Alert and Social Development Direct have robust policies on equal opportunities